Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) – It’s all about skin energy baby!
Here at SeeMe we love us some Niacinamide! Why? Because it’s one of the most powerful ingredients in our skincare arsenal. Most of the ingredients in our SeeMe complex were chosen because they uniquely work better on estrogen depleted skin. BUT, Niacinamide is one of those rare ingredients that works for everyone! We often get asked at what age should people start using skin care, and vitamin B3 or Niacinamide is one that we could absolutely recommend across ages, even for kids and grandkids! It’s simply an amazing ingredient that can help protect your skin throughout your life by supporting your body’s natural skin energy.
Why is this ingredient so great? Well, basically it helps with everything you need to improve and maintain your skin health. How does it do this? It’s called cellular bioenergetics. That fancy science talk for increasing your skin cells energy.
Think of your skin cells as tiny power plants. Power plants produce energy. Our cells need to produce energy to stay healthy. They need energy to produce collagen, fight off free radical damage, and to maintain a healthy moisture barrier to keep bad things out and good things in. When power plants age, if they are not properly maintained they become less efficient and don’t produce as much energy. Our cells are just like power plants and if they become old, unmaintained and tired, they don’t produce as much energy and bad things can happen:
- Skin turnover slows down, leading to flaky dull skins cells at the surface
- Collagen production slows down and our skin is less firm and supple
- Our skin barrier weakens so we lose more moisture
- Our skin becomes more susceptible to free radical damage. This can damage our melanocytes which causes them to over produce melanin. Niacinamide helps stop that melanin from reaching the skin’s surface which helps reduce visible age spots.
Our scientists have run 100’s of clinical studies with niacinamide. It’s simply unparalleled in its evidence to support improvements in overall skin appearance. In skin young and old it is proven to show noticeable meaningful benefits for:
- Reduction in the appearance of skin spots
- Reduction in the appearance of pore size
- Reduction in wrinkles
- Reduction of skin redness
- Increased moisture and hydration
- Brighter, healthier looking skin
The SeeMe moisturizers and serum all contain clinically proven levels of niacinamide. Not only that, they are formulated in a way that they provide maximum “bio-availability.” That more fancy science talk, but it simply means that the niacinamide doesn’t just sit on the surface of your skin doing nothing. It’s able to penetrate 10 layers deep into your skin to provide maximum effectiveness. Did you know that some products contain good ingredients, but they can trap the ingredients reducing their effectiveness. It’s true! Try SeeMe and feel confident that it will take amazing care of your skin’s cells ability to produce energy!