A good skin care regimen is even more important for estrogen depleted skin…
Most of us know it’s important to take good care of our skin, but life can get in the way and many women get off track with our routines. It’s important to prioritize this part of yourself care, especially as you approach menopause, and your skin starts changing rapidly due to loss of estrogen. Our skin becomes drier, thinner, and more prone to environmental damage as we lose estrogen. It’s critical that we give it extra care. Skin is the largest organ in our body. It keeps the good things in and the bad things out. Including keeping hydrating nutrients in, and harmful pollutants out. A simple skin care routine can make a big difference!
I am speaking from a SeeMe point of view and what is right for a woman of our age. I think we need to be practical and have a straightforward recommendation to our users. Here are the steps I recommend being most effective to my comrades who are in this stage of live with me….
- 1.Cleansing: We often overlook this step but it’s actually really important. It’s best to wash your face both morning and night. Use a gentle cleanser like the SeeMe cleanser which is designed to be suitable for our gentle skin. Regardless, whatever cleanser you use, it’s important to cleanse in the morning to prep your face for your skin care products to be most effective. A good cleanse will remove excess oils and dead skin cells so that your skin care products can penetrate the skin and be most effective. In the evening, it’s important to remove make up, the day’s grime and whatever pollutants we may have encountered during our day. Depending on how much make up you wear, you might even need to cleanse twice – once with a makeup remover and then a facial cleanser.
- 2.Apply toner: If I’m being honest, this is a step I often skip, though it can be very helpful. Especially if you need extra exfoliation or moisture. There are two types of toners, exfoliating and hydrating. If you use toner, apply after cleansing your face and before everything else. Pour a few drops of toner into your palms or a cotton pad and gently swipe onto your face. If your toner is exfoliating—meaning that it removes dead skin cells with ingredients like glycolic acid—use only at night. Hydrating formulas can be used twice a day.
- 3.Apply serum: Morning is a great time to use a serum with antioxidants like SeeMe Smooth Out Recovery Serum . It’s packed full of ingredients that will protect your skin from free radicals you’ll encounter throughout the day. Nighttime is also a good time to use a moisturizing serum like SeeMe with hyaluronic acid, which keeps your skin from drying out at night. Whatever you’re using, always remember serums should go underneath moisturizer. Serums like SeeMe are packed full of good skin care ingredients and should be placed closest to your skin so that it can absorb all the goodies. Then follow with a moisturizer to seal all those goodies in!
- 4.Apply eye cream: You can apply regular moisturizer to your under-eye area, but the eye area is especially delicate and benefits from formulas designed to not migrate into the eyes which can be irritating. If you decide to use a specialized eye cream, you’ll typically want to layer it underneath moisturizer to seal in the ingredients that fight puffiness, dark circles and crow's feet. Our For Your Eyes Only cream is the best!
- 5.Moisturize: Moisturizer both hydrates skin and locks in all the other layers of product you’ve applied. The SeeMe Call Me Hydra Cream is lightweight and the perfect primer for makeup – leaving a thin velvety finish. At night, our Sweet Dreams night cream is amazing for overnight restoration!
- 6.Apply sunscreen: It may be the last step, but nearly any dermatologist will tell you that sun protection is the most important part of any skin-care regimen. Protecting your skin from UV rays can prevent skin cancer and signs of aging. If you use our Walking on Sunshine SPF30 moisturizer, no need to use the Call Me Hydra Cream first.
These are the basics of a good skin care routine. You can tailor this to meet your needs and schedule but if you stick to these basics, you will be on your way to healthy, hydrated glowing skin!